Your commercial kitchen equipment is an investment that contributes to the success of your New Orleans restaurant. Keeping watch over the equipment with proper cleaning and maintenance gives you the ability to get more years out of your investment and also know when itâ€™s time to replace equipment. Maintenance procedures can alert you to chronic issues with your commercial kitchen equipment. Knowledge is power when you can be proactive on your kitchen equipment before having a major breakdown during a peak dining hour.
Here are six ways that you can stay on top of your commercial kitchen equipment needs:
- Train employees to correctly use all equipment. If an employee misuses equipment that causes equipment failure, the mistake may not be covered by the warranty.
- Clean the commercial kitchen equipment every day to prevent a build-up of dirt and grease. This is a primary concern for public health inspectors.
- Pay attention to how your equipment is cleaned (click on picture above to see our YouTube video), using the proper chemical solution for each piece of equipment.
- Read the manual to note maintenance needs and put maintenance dates on your calendar. Some tasks, like deep cleaning, can be done by your staff. Other needs may require a technician.
- Understand which parts on the equipment are most prone to wear and tear. Replace parts before they break.
- Review the overall condition of the equipment when performing any maintenance function.
Stainless steel is more delicate to take care of than the name implies. When cleaning stainless steel commercial kitchen equipment, remember these things:
- Use only mild detergent or baking soda to clean, and move the rag in the same direction as the brushed finish to avoid scratches. (You can also use a cleaner specially made for stainless steel.)
- Clean surfaces after a spill or at least at the end of every day to prevent oil or food from damaging the finish.
- Wipe with a clean water cloth after using a cleaner to remove residue.
- Dry the surface so that water spots donâ€™t damage the finish.
Talk with the experts at Ice & Refrigeration Systems about your commercial kitchen equipment needs. We can help you determine the best time to buy or lease new equipment, or help you find used commercial kitchen equipment. Delivery is always free from Ice & Refrigeration Systems. Call us â€“ 817-888-3056.